• (972) 705-9600
  • anjel@avantlawfirm.com

Car Accidents

What you need to know about car accidents

In an urban city like Dallas, we see car accidents almost every day. As a result, we can become numb to the trauma they can cause. But whenever a driver ignores the rules of the road, we are all at risk. And for anyone who has been hurt in a car accident, you know how hard it is to get the medical care you need and the other driver’s insurance company to pay for it.

If your injuries prevent you from working, you might want to settle your claim to pay your bills. If you can’t afford to get medical attention, you might want to settle your claim to meet your deductible. Instead, call an attorney.

An insurance company may ask you to sign a Release before you see a doctor. Do not do that. We have all been surprised by the amount of time or treatment it takes to get over an illness or injury. We have all been surprised by the cost of a medical procedure or test. Do not sign a Release until you know the full extent of your injuries. Do not sign a Release until you know what treatment you will need to recover. And do not sign a Release until you know your total medical bills.

An insurance company may ask you for a recorded statement. Do not give one. Until you know what injuries you have, what treatment you need, and how much it will cost, do not talk to the insurance company. Talk to an attorney.

An attorney will help you get the medical care you need and the money to pay for it.

Some drivers have no insurance. If this happens, your injuries may be covered by an uninsured motorist policy. An attorney can help you with this.

In addition to medical bills, an injured party is entitled to recover compensation for the pain and mental anguish those injuries cause.

In addition to the cost of repair or market value of the damaged vehicle, the owner is entitled to compensation for the loss of use of the vehicle.

At the Avant Law Firm, we will fight to recover all damages caused by the at-fault driver, including:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost income
  • Lost benefits
  • Damages for physical pain and mental anguish, scarring, disfigurement, impairment
  • The cost of repair to a vehicle
  • The fair market value if the vehicle is a total loss
  • Towing, storage, and loss of use

What kind of car accidents do you cover?

Anjel Avant has successfully represented thousands of clients injured in:

  • Head-on collisions
  • Rear-end accidents
  • Drunk driving accidents
  • Hit and runs
  • Rollover accidents

What is the statute of limitations on vehicle accident claims?

You have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.

What should I do after an auto accident?

If you’ve been injured in an auto collision, make sure you do the following:

  • Call the police and request an Accident Report.
  • Get contact information from witnesses and the at-fault driver.
  • Get insurance information from the at-fault driver.
  • Take pictures of the scene, your injuries, and damage to your vehicle.
  • Consult a medical doctor for your injuries and follow your doctor’s advice.
  • Retain all medical bills.
  • Contact a lawyer for advice.
  • Direct all communication with any insurance adjuster to your lawyer.
  • Do not give a recorded statement to an insurance company.
  • Do not sign any Release for an insurance company before consulting an attorney.
  • Do not accept any check from an insurance company before consulting an attorney.

Question not answered? Check out the car accident frequently asked questions.

Let the Avant Firm take on the insurance company and handle your claim so you can focus on your recovery. Schedule a free consultation today.